- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or a related field is preferred. Or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- 3-5 years of experience in integrated communications/PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with corporate image, issues/crisis management and strategic communications across multiple audience segments.
- Exceptional media relations background with demonstrated capacity of working with global business and policy press to manage story development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Increased level of analysis and strategic recommendations based on industry knowledge
- High level of initiative; takes accountability for role on projects
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong client relationships
- Has established editor and/or analyst relationships and has proactively placed stories
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.