The Digital Content Strategist / Manager will be responsible for devising and helping manage content experiences for our B2B and B2C clients. Working with the Director of Content Strategy and senior members of the Strategy team, they will translate our clients’ (and prospective clients’) marketing and branding needs into custom content solutions. Our output includes, but is not limited to short- and long-form articles, eBooks, videos, website landing pages, infographics, email newsletters, white papers, social-only content, and more.
*This position can be based in our Bellevue or San Francisco office.
· Work with agency account teams, integrated marketing team and to develop brilliant ideas for content solutions for our clients and target audiences
· Works with Strategy team leadership to understand the needs of our highest-value clients better than they do themselves, and translate those needs into solutions WE can provide
· Gather requirements from, work closely with, and present content strategies to clients
· Work closely with the content creation team to oversee the execution of a wide range of content programs, including content strategy, content marketing, websites; and content development, such as long- and short-form storytelling, marketing copy, data visualization, photo-journalism, and video
· Represent and evangelize the agency’s point of view about content strategy and marketing both internally at the agency, and externally in the market
· Find and use data to measure content effectiveness and make recommendations
· Helps scope programs and manage budgets across team.
· Other job duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or applicable field is preferred; editorial background is a plus
· 4+ years of experience that includes journalism, next-generation digital and visual storytelling, content strategy, business development, creative direction, social media and marketing is a must.
· Strong knowledge of the intersection of digital media and brand journalism – and the ability to translate this to determine clients’ content needs
· Exceptional diplomacy and a proven ability to manage a variety of stakeholders and communicate effectively and respectfully
· Understands and has experience in the following: conducting content audits, building and managing editorial calendars, developing customer journeys, driving style guides, SEO audits and implementation, UX, localization, social media strategies.
· Ability to interpret analytic reports, optimize content accordingly based on results and communicate results to clients
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel) and familiarity with WordPress and additional CMS
· Experience working with a range of clients in multiple locations
· Experience in content publishing as well as knowledge of the digital media industry
· Combination of a publishing and marketing mindset, specifically a fierce commitment to the audience; ability to match a brand’s publishing opportunities to audience needs
· Ability to come up with creative solutions on the fly.
· Demonstrates extraordinary time-management and communication skills.
· Comfortable in a fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
· Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
· May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion; ability to travel
· Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.