Are you a media junkie? Does staying at the forefront of news, influencers, and trends in the industry get you up in the morning? Are you a Jane or Jack of all communications trades, eager to help tell stories, find new mediums to do so, and manage media experiences at some of the industry’s biggest events? Then this is the job for you.
The WE Influencer Relations team seeks a proactive, dynamic account executive to work across the team on high priority projects. Topics covered include media and influencer intelligence and insight, event management, executive communications, and storytelling. The ideal candidate is a quick study, go-getter who believes variety is the spice of life, knows how to manage projects and manage up. Previous experience with media relations, event management, brand purpose, executive communications, or new business desired.
· Demonstrate strong and persuasive communication skills
· Be a creative, flexible problem solver
· Have a desire to work as one team and share knowledge
Media Influencer Engagement
· Identify and begin to build relationships with media influencers
· Develop and support executive prep docs
· Support and execute elements of integrated communication plans and events with guidance
Digital & Social Media Acumen
· Monitor and survey the influencer landscape and share insights on a regular basis
· Partner with the agency’s creative team to develop event and storytelling materials
· Responsible for social monitoring and identifying influencer and industry trends
· Anticipate client communication challenges and develop recommendations
· Consistently provide tactical counsel consistent with the client’s business problem
· Assist with support of day-to-day contact with clients; proactively engage on issues
• At least 1-2 years’ experience in communications, preferably in an agency setting or within applicable industry
• Ability to assist in managing client relationships, providing tactical advice, drafting/executing plans, providing thoughtful analysis, identifying proactive opportunities, crafting materials, tracking coverage
• Has helped identify and establish media influencer relationships and supported story placement
• Strong writer of pitches, prep docs and messaging (we will ask for writing samples)
• Impressive organizational skills and ability to multi-task, work in a team environment, and meet deadlines
• Comfortable with integrated communication principles and an understanding of the role of the media
• Proactive and engaged member of a dynamic office and global agency community
• Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
• Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
• Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
• Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
• May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
• Some travel may be required
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.